2016 has been an amazing year – amazingly challenging year that is. That’s not to say that the year has been bad. The innumerable times I found myself caught in sticky situations and having to sit in discomfort; ugh, it was a torture.
Yet, choosing to face dire moments with courage instead of running away in fear has helped developed my personality and made me stronger than who I was at the start. 2016 has blessed me with much wisdom and experiences and these are the 15 that draw close to heart:
- Slap on some sunscreen before leaving the house. Your future self will thank you for it.
- Exercise and hydrate regularly.
- Laugh at your mistakes.
- Be kind to strangers. More importantly, be kind to yourself.
- Travel with an open mind. Step on foreign soil with respect for its people and their culture.
- Save money for rainy days. But don’t be a miser. Splurge generously on friends and loved ones, especially those who have supported you in times of need.
- Donate to the less fortunate at least once a year. If you’re financially tight, volunteer your services. Any form of assistance is always appreciated.
- Be compassionate to all, even those who are rude and unkind to you. For most of the time they are the ones who need it the most.
- Take time out to love and nurture yourself. Be comfortable in your own skin. Relish in the beauty of your imperfections.
- Don’t let anyone stop you from pursuing your dreams. Don’t let them tell you you’re not capable, or you’re better off doing something else.
- Commit to your creative process even if it discomforts you.
- Create more than you consume.
- The value of your craft lies not in the end product but in the process.
- Be authentic, stay true to who you are. There’s no one like you with your experiences and your thoughts. Be confident and walk boldly towards your intended direction.
- Everything happens for a reason, everything in its time.
Seasons greeting and happy holidays. May you 2016 end with a magical twist. xx